The Art of Feedback
“Feedback is the breakfast of champions” according to Ken Blanchard, the grandfather of leadership development.
Yet why is it often hard to swallow, and why do we go to such great lengths to avoid giving it?
The Art of Feedback is dedicated to building the skill of giving and receiving feedback. In a highly interactive session, participants develop a deeper understanding of the need for feedback and what gets in the way of us giving and receiving it well.
Participants will leave with some easy-to-remember tools and techniques that will help them to give the kind of feedback that will make a real difference to the way people perform at work.
- The psychological need for feedback and why even badly delivered feedback is better than no feedback at all
- Why positive feedback is every bit as developmental as “constructive” feedback
- How to give feedback in a way that encourages a growth mind-set
- Why your motivation for giving feedback matters
- The difference between praise and positive feedback
- The concept of “clean” and “dirty” feedback and the impact of the simple act of noticing
- How to receive feedback and the pitfalls to avoid
- Techniques with easy-to-remember acronyms that can be used every day
10-12 with one faciliator, 12+ with two
The Art of Feedback uses group discussion, sharing of feedback experiences, interactive exercises and live feedback practice to deliver and embed the learning.
Participants leave with a toolbox of strategies techniques, feeling confident in their ability to deliver motivational and developmental feedback to their people.
This module is taught as part of our our full Leadership Programme, or can be combined with other stand-alone modules.
Please get in touch to talk through what approach would suit your organisation best.
Top line is the feedback from yesterday has been unanimously excellent. Everyone says it was incredibly interesting and useful for them.
Chief Strategy Officer
Starcom Mediavest Group
Great and very intense.
Procter & Gamble
Make Yourself are extremely helpful and professional. They always go that extra mile to run seamless and engaging courses that our people love and see real results from.
Fantastic! Well structured, well pitched, well paced and (unsurprisingly!) well delivered.
Thanks for this wonderful course, really the best I ever had.
Global internet company